Engineered for Demanding Environments
As silicones can always be taken to their limits, they are the preferred material for extreme conditions, such as those found in automotive and, more especially, e-Mobility applications.
Silicones in the Pole Position
As the technical demands rise, silicones become even more the material of choice for electronic components. Here is why:
Effective Thermal Management
- Silicones maintain their properties over a broad temperature range, heat resistance up to 180 °C (special grades up to 230 °C)
- Thermally conductive silicones assist in dissipation of heat / thermal management
- Tight sealing: long-term and resistant (moisture, chemicals, coolants, fluids)
- Rel. constant electric insulation properties over broad temperature and frequency range
- Excellent vibration damping from -45 °C up to > 180 °C
Protection of Sensitive Electronics
Gel type materials with low e-modulus protect against external influences and transmission of mechanical stress.
Highly Competitive Manufacturing Processes
Our silicones are designed to ensure fast, easy and affordable manufacturing processes:
- Silicones are versatile to be adjusted in their properties (flow, adhesion, cure) to different production processes
- Automated mass production possible
Speeding your Transition to Electric Mobility
WACKER is one of the most research-intensive chemical companies with a long history of inventing, modifying and adjusting silicones to the changing needs of the automotive industry. We have a proven record in combustion engine cars, working with major industry players in automotive parts and automotive electronics. We also have decades of experience working with the semiconductor industry. This adds up to an excellent starting position in the electric vehicle market.